Standing proudly together as One Nation that cares for All and leaves none behind
I think we need to talk about and look at just who will recover from this economy and who won’t, and put pressure on our elected officials to keep National resources extended to that hardest hit vulnerable segment of our country. Unfortunately it is this segment of our brothers and sisters who are being targeted to be set adrift by the extremist now in control of the Republican Party, and those in our own Party who still see compromise with them as a viable strategy.
When they say Food Stamp President this is not an attack on President Obama, it is their announcement of their planned attack on the poor. We should reply that we are the Party that cares about Americans and Americas resources enough not to let anyone in trouble drift into despair and deplorable conditions. We should say we are the Party that believes that just as it is immoral to walk away from victims of tornadoes and hurricanes it is immoral to walk away from victims of Big Bank greed and deregulation. That every American, every human being deserves food enough to eat and shelter from the storms whether they be man made storms or natural ones!
Let us therefore stand proudly as a Democratic Party and a Nation that Cares enough to defend the dignity of workers private or public sector by preserving their jobs and rights to collectively bargain to better their lot.
Let us therefore stand proudly as a Democratic Party and a Nation that Cares enough to defend early childhood education and health insurance for young and old so no American faces a day afraid that their illness or their childs illness will bankrupt their families and possibly leave them homeless!
Let us stand proudly as the Party that Cares for ALL Americans because when the 99% gets a fair chance to succeed by having fair access to education, health care and financial opportunity then all Americans succeed even the 1%!